Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Headed to area south of Cancun on Oct. 1th. I'm staying at the Iberostar Grand Parisio hotel which i believe is near Puerto Muerlos or Playa del Carmen. I want to take 6 of us fishing on one day or maybe just a half day. So far I have checked with Pesca Maya fishing and also with Riviera Maya fishing. Anyone used either of these charter services or have any experience fishing there? One of the group keeps their boats in Cancun, and the other group keeps their boats in Puerto Aventura. Seems like October isnt prime time to fish, but we are content to just get out on the water. Any feedback would be much appreciated.

·
Registered
848 Posts
Went to Cozumel, Mexico spring break and trolled a have day in 5 foot seas and all we caught was a chicken dolphin. Be careful down there. Never been to cancun.

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
Fished between Cancun an Cozumel two times. First time got nice Cudas some bonito and lost a sail. second time 5-6 ft seas and no luck. Area has good potentional because it`s deep but ruff seas can ruin your trip

·
Registered
540 Posts
Do yourself a favor: don't charter through your hotel. Get a cab and ask the driver to take you to the fishing pier and find a captain that way. Cancun will likely be more expensive than Zihuqtanejo where we were just because there are so many more tourists there, but you will definitely save over booking through your hotel.

·
Registered
285 Posts
Just got back from Playa del Carmen its a cool place and we stayed at the princess. I didnt do any fishing but if your into snorkeling you have to go to Xel-ha. I seen bonefish, snapper, grouper, came face to face with about a 50 lbs Cuberra snapper and tons more fish. It was the best part of our trip.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts