Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2,854 Posts
hey Newb;

Can't believe someone hasn't chimed in....

I use these:

tides4fishing, sea tow, swellinfo, accuweather and WEAR-WeatherBug.
My main 2 are tides4fishing & accuweather. I've found these to be the most accurate for my use.

·
Registered
386 Posts
Never heard of tides4fishing before. Sure does consolidate a lot of good info on one page for a specific location. Thanks!

·
Registered
765 Posts
Navionics is also a very good app... it cost $10 though... and SailFlow is a good free app

·
Seafox 237 twin outboards
5,433 Posts
Navionics is also a very good app... it cost $10 though... and SailFlow is a good free app
Navionics then get the Bad Elf plug in and it turns a ipad into a very detailed gps for offshore. Shows depth and drop offs and can keep track of your every move.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Navionics then get the Bad Elf plug in and it turns a ipad into a very detailed gps for offshore. Shows depth and drop offs and can keep track of your every move.

Im just using it for wading since I lack the access to a boat, but I have friends with boat and will relay the info

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
765 Posts
Im just using it for wading since I lack the access to a boat, but I have friends with boat and will relay the info

they've also released a wireless transducer that syncs up with the app and updates/redraws the bottom on the navionics GPS as you go

·
Registered
765 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Hi guys! Sorry to dig up this old thread, but I'm wondering if the apps you've mentioned here are good for sea conditions. If not, would you have any further suggestions?

EDIT: Just saw this was in the inshore section..I'm mainly concerned about offshore kayaking.

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
765 Posts
Hi guys! Sorry to dig up this old thread, but I'm wondering if the apps you've mentioned here are good for sea conditions. If not, would you have any further suggestions?

EDIT: Just saw this was in the inshore section..I'm mainly concerned about offshore kayaking.

Thanks in advance!

I just judge the seas off the wind speeds/direction but the NWS forecasts are always good to look at

1 - 17 of 17 Posts