Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How is the fishing after a front like this? The temperature didn't change too much but, what should we expect when going deep sea fishing? How long should it be til the fishing starts getting hot again?

Thanks

·
Registered
4,217 Posts
Fishing just before a front's passage where the barometer is falling is usually better than after. But sometimes the best day to fish is when you can...

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Fishing just before a front's passage where the barometer is falling is usually better than after. But sometimes the best day to fish is when you can...
Yeah I read up on the whole "before the front passes" thing. It looks pretty food but I wasn't able to get out there. So I guess I'll take my chances tomorrow! We have a bait trap full of Pin-fish, and a boat gassed up!

·
Registered
462 Posts
When I lived in Delaware and used to fish the surf and jetties, it was pretty clear what happened - fishing as the front was building was great. For striped bass, blues and trout. The high winds disturbed the bottom and stirred up worms and disturbed the schools of menhaden and mullet too. But right after, fishing too a while to recover. Well, probably does not affect deeper water that much.

·
Registered
2,010 Posts
I'm gonna try it tomorrow ! Caught 7 sharks Friday , going deeper tomorrow and see what I can find !!!! :whistling:

Attachments

1 - 5 of 5 Posts