Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok guys...need some help. I'm ready to pull the trigger on the Lowrance Elite 3x (on sale at Cabelas for $100 with great reviews). Going to put it on my Hobie Oasis. I don't want to drill and have found a few people are putting it through the scupper holes in the back. This only makes sense to me but most folks are mounting in the hull underneath and I'm just paranoid about it...despite the marine goop etc. So I can't figure out why more people are drilling versus using a scupper that's already there. I understand it will likely have to be on some type of pole to get it deep enough where the rocking of the kayak doesn't disrupt the signal but I'm just confused I guess.

Any advice on the fishfinder mount is greatly appreciated!

-------------------------
A bad day of fishing beats a good day of....well....anything

·
Registered
96 Posts

·
Freshwater Flounder
3,840 Posts
I used one of these to mount my Humminbird transducer on the bottom-inside of my OK Prowler. I don't know if Lowrance makes something similar to fit their transducers.

As I recall I found it for about $25 online somewhere. The transducer slips into the mount with a little marine grease underneath & is held in by a velcro strap (that has never come loose on it's own, btw) When my last fishfinder crapped out it was easy as pie to remove the old transducer & stick the new one in it's place.

(My OK prowler also has a built in battery-tray inside that keeps the battery off the inside-bottom of the yak)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts