Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if anyone has used a Humminbird PiranhaMAX 176i fishfinder? I'm looking for an inexpensive gps/ff combo and was wondering how this one has done. I'd also like anyone else's recommendations on other fish finders. Thanks!

·
Registered
169 Posts
Wirelessly posted

If you can spare $300, West Marine is having a one day only sale on a Lowrance Elite 5 DSI, that is $250 less than it normally is. Hell of a deal. I think the sale is Tuesday. A lot if people here seem to use the elite 4 dsi, the 5 is bigger and with the sale costs less than the 4!

·
Registered
169 Posts
Wirelessly posted

If you can spare $300, West Marine is having a one day only sale on a Lowrance Elite 5 DSI, that is $250 less than it normally is. Hell of a deal. I think the sale is Tuesday. A lot if people here seem to use the elite 4 dsi, the 5 is bigger and with the sale costs less than the 4!

·
Registered
129 Posts
I just got a Lowrance Mark 4 with Ram Mark/Elite mount and yak attack adjustable rail mount. For the transducer I decided to go with the Ram Mount swing arm. This was the best setup for my Yak. Went to Academy and bought the Mark for $200, Lowrance has a $30 mail in rebate right now. Rail ($19) Mark Ram mount holder (30) Ram swing arm ($55) rechargeable battery from Home Debot ($35)...after rebate spent about 310+tax. Just my experience.

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'll definitely take a look at them. I like the looks of the mark 4. Will they work well with the thru hull transducer mount, or do they have to be in the water?

·
Keep on Reel'n
23 Posts
Yes the elite 4x can definitely shoot thru hull. Mine does with no problem.
Hey Chad. Would you post what model and programs and which transducer you use? I am in the market and can't make up my mind. Also what kind of fishing do you use it for/

·
Blowhard extrordinair
2,271 Posts
I was wondering if anyone has used a Humminbird PiranhaMAX 176i fishfinder? I'm looking for an inexpensive gps/ff combo and was wondering how this one has done. I'd also like anyone else's recommendations on other fish finders. Thanks!
Cabelas has one on sale for $169 right now.

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I ended up going with a Pirahnamax 153. I sent in the transom mount transducer to Humminbird and got a scupper mount transducer back. It only cost me shipping.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts