Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I'm looking to get a fish finder/gps for my jet ski
I have a few options that I can get for free (there are others not on this list also but these seemed to be the best in the value range)

I was just wondering if anyone had any first hand experience with these or if there is another you could suggest that I can see if it's available. They may not be labeled as the proper name but this how they are listed on the website.

The last one on the list is the one that I'm leaning towards the most

-garmin fish finder gps-5 hi-res color -echo 550c
-lowrance mark-5x dsi fishfinder
-hummingbird 346c di fishfinder
-hummingbird 581i hd di combo fishfinder

Thanks for any help
Andrew

·
Registered
6,384 Posts
Humminbird is hard to beat, Garmin 740 is killer but not sure it would hold up to the jetski abuse.

·
Master of Disaster
3,042 Posts
I would think that on a PWC, you would go with the smaller or lightest of the choices, and something that would mount well / securely on the location you had in mind. Small, lightweight, waterproof, secure, with the features you desire. I would think that transducer options might play some factor here too.
I have used both Garmin and Lowrance, but never Hummingbird- but they all appear to be good performers. Probably comes down to personal preference. I like the Lowrance- personally, and wouldn't trade my HDS10 for anything (kinda big for a PWC though). I got the Navionics Platnum- wonderful addition. I thought the unit was easy to use, and the programmable softkeys were a nice feature (not availble on all units).
I know this may not have been extremely helpful, but I am sure there will be more input from other forum members.
Mike

·
Registered
78 Posts
Wirelessly posted

I would suggeat the Hunninbird 581. The are solid and easy to use. I would recommend the through-hull transducer. I went through 5 stern mounts before i was smart enough to get the through-hull.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts