Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,775 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Quoted from the Gulf of Mexico Fishery Management Council facebook page:

The Council is considering changing bag limits and season dates for the red snapper for-hire fishery. Final action is expected the last weekend of January so please watch this video and send us your comments before final action is taken.

·
Registered
1,775 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Quote from the video (regarding alternative 3):

"If there was one fisherman on the boat, they would not be able to keep a red snapper. If there were 3 people on the boat, they would only be allowed to keep 1 snapper for those 3 anglers."

Imagine going on a charter and them saying,

"Ok the first snapper we catch, we have to split it 3 ways...you take the tail, you can have the middle..."

...this whole thing is so :censored: up

·
Registered
1,775 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
This is quite hilarious. I'm guessing the federally permitted charter boats that were so much in favor of sector separation won't like this so much...
Yeah, but they are going to get a longer season, whereas we rec guys will probably be having to battle weather and each other for a 2 day season this year.

·
Registered
1,448 Posts
Well since I am was/am not in favor of Amd 40 I like the extended season where the CFH gets to keep 1 for every two anglers, then they can sell the "experience" to the client. Granted we rec guys are probably left out in the cold but hey they wanted longer seasons.

·
OSOK
4,159 Posts
Yeah, but they are going to get a longer season, whereas we rec guys will probably be having to battle weather and each other for a 2 day season this year.

I don't think they will. Their plan hinges on getting a dedicated portion of the TAC, a portion which is already being fished up by the state seasons. That's why the CFH guys have been on the FWC about the "unfair" state season. My bet is that there will be a very short if any fed season and we will get a state season similar to last year. The fed permitted CFH guys have made their bed already, we will see how it ends up for them.

·
Banned
3,674 Posts
Could this get any more complicated?

It is like the time, a few years ago, when I was checked by the FWC in Federal waters. I asked a question, to get clarification on a Federal regulation and the officer pulled out his Federal rule book. As he was looking at it, I was looking at the cover, I noticed it was two seasons old (outdated). When I pointed this out, he said that he had been unable to find a current rule book and that I should go 'on line' to get my question answered. He was polite but as confused as I was.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts