3,520 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
anybody like roe?
jack

Reactions: Lipz and MrFish

·
Registered
3,210 Posts
I used to but can’t find it anywhere. Yellow roe only. The guy on bizarre eats, on the food channel went to chets a while back and couldn’t get it down. This guy eats some nasty chit too.

·
Registered
3,599 Posts
Never could do it, like eating a fishy sac of cornmeal

Reactions: jack2

·
Registered
5,299 Posts
Mullet white roe. Mullet roe is the only fresh fish I can eat without it killing me. When I'd net mullet for mom, during roe season, I'd make sure I cleaned a bunch with white roe, so I could eat some fish with the family, but my niece's daughter would raid the plate before we were at the table and eat most of them. When she turned 10, she suddenly stopped. I asked why she stopped, she said " that's boy stuff, Uncle Donald( guess her mother told her)"

Am I a bad person for thinking if I had known it was that easy to get her from eating all my roe, I'd have told her sooner?

·
Registered
3,520 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
dude is right. after i ate half of what i cooked, the next morning my bm was great, just watery.
fish is right. we caught 40 mingo's on saturday and i kept the roe.
king, i thought the white was the sperm sac. i'll have to research that. first time i have heard it.
maybe it's just you fl. boys like the sperm sac?
jack

·
Registered
3,520 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
just found this in wikipedia:
The term soft roe or white roe denotes fish milt, not fish eggs.
jack

·
Registered
5,299 Posts
just found this in wikipedia:
The term soft roe or white roe denotes fish milt, not fish eggs.
jack
Jack, you seriously had to check to see what white roe was? Seriously?

Y'all City slickers from Selma don't know jack about mullet...lol.

·
Registered
10,145 Posts
I love mullet Red roe. I mix it with an egg and fry it up. Excellant fishey taste. Dont like the white roe.

Reactions: jack2

·
Registered
10,145 Posts
Come roe season, let me know if you want some mullet. Send the white roe to jack
I would appreciate some red Roe. Thanks. You need anything I have you have my number or PM me.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts