Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everybody !!! I'm a new angler to the area Just moved up from South East Florida. Went out Fishing for a couple of hours this afternoon, and to my great suprise the bite was really good. I was wade fishing the flats of 98 just behind a welcome center in Gulf Breeze. And I was pounding the trout and was able to sneek up on a couple of reds. Man they were skiddish at first but I put my secret weapon on and it was like ringing a dinner bell. The trout were busting on topwater plugs in water about 18 to 36" of water and I pulled my reds to the dinner table with a SS-Minnow (Gold swim Bait). Tomorrow will be heading to Perdido to try my luck on the flats hope the weather holds up.I hear Captain Joe Hebert may have some of his baits in town do ya'llwho or where I could find some Fish on Lures or Silly Willy Jigs. They are Hot Baits in Ft.Pierce and Stuart. I'm running low on some of my gear and dont want to have to order online.

·
SaltWaterDave
1,849 Posts
Welcome to forum, and to Pcola. Nice job on the fish today. They must have warmed up some since I tried last. It was all lockjaw. I have never heard of the lures you mentioned but you can check out Gulf Breeze Bait and Tackle or Hot Spots someone will know what you are loking for.

Keep up the fishing and the posting. See ya out there.

·
Registered
78 Posts
The bite was on yesterday for sure. I went out for about an hour and boated 4 really nice trout. They must be eating well as you can see from this fatty!

·
Registered
39 Posts
The Baits are located at both Hot Spots and Gulf Breeze Bait and Tackle they will also be available in other locations from Ft.Walton to Orange Beach. Great report !!! :bowdown I look foward to coming home in the spring and doing some fishing myself. I grew up fishing the Perdido area and I cant wait to wet a line soon. I'm having Redfish and Trout withdrawls...:banghead Keep the reports coming and welcome to the forum

1 - 13 of 13 Posts