Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
yesterday night i got back around 1am from bayfest, i couldnt sleep so i made a veryexpensive sabiki rig(4 DOA glowing shrimp) and went out back on my peir,on the second throw i had 2 specks on 16 and 19 inches on the very next throw i had one 17 inch 3 throws later i had a 14 inch white trout and a 18 inch speck on the next throw i had a 22inch red and a 14 9/10 inch speck after this my arm started to hurt so cleaned up that 19 incher and had a midnight snack,after pictures i released all the others anyhow i caught all that in less than an hour on my lighted dock i will post pictures as soon as i figure out how,i think the later it is the bigger the fish are,good luck out there Garett

·
Registered
241 Posts
Man I gotta getme a dock! (and the house on the water too, I guess)

Thats a great report. I would've never thought to make such a rig. Sounds like it worked well. Would like to see a pic of the set-up.

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
make it just like a sabiki rig, i used about a 4 ft long 20 test liter and space the shrimp about a ft from each other and jig it sort of fast and they slam it on about every throw you dont have to use DOA pretty much any thing that glows will work, look for something called the "speck rig" it looks like a cheap thing but it works great i forget where i bought it im almost sure at academy anyhow good luck Garett

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
You can click on the little square that has a pic of mountains and sun when you post and add pictures. I wanna see.:takephoto

·
Registered
372 Posts
Very cool report. Fishing is great medicine for all lifes has to offer. Man I would love to see the looks in those trout eyes when they see four nice size shrimp dancing and taunting them with there glow'n bodies, with a bullseye on there side:hungry

Can't wait to read a report of you getting a double or triple of slot/reds. Better yet bull reds.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts