Fish Fish Fish

For Immediate Release:

Wildlife Sanctuary of Northwest Florida

1-850-433-9453 ext 5 or fax 1-850-438-6168

http://Pensacolawildlife.com

[email protected]

Date: February 11, 2010

Fish * Red Meat * Fish

The Wildlife Sanctuary is asking for donations of fish and red meat. If you or someone you know fishes?our injured seabirds and eagles would appreciate you sharing. The Sanctuary accepts fresh, frozen, whole or filleted fish, as well as any red meats seven days a week from 8am to 5pm, located at 105 North ?S? Street near the old Gulf Power building. Our freezers are low and your donations would be great!

The Wildlife Sanctuary is a non-profit organization taking in over 3000 injured and orphaned animals a year. All are given a thorough exam, fed a diet most resembling the food that they would seek in the wild and are monitored to insure adjustment to temporary captivity. Release back into the wild is the primary goal.

All donations are appreciated. A wish list is available on the website. For more information call 850-433-9453 Ext 5

----- Forwarded Message -----
To: [email protected]
Sent: Thursday, February 11, 2010 2:57:43 PM GMT -06:00 US/Canada Central
Subject: Immediate Release-Wildlife Sanctuary of Northwest Florida

Brrrrrrrrr

We are feeding more food than usual with these cold temperatures.

Any help would be appreciated!

Sincerely,

Dorothy Kaufmann, Director
Wildlife Sanctuary of Northwest Florida
105 North "S" Street
Pensacola, Florida 32505
850-433-9453 fax 850-438-6168
http://pensacolawildlife.com

·
Registered
2,346 Posts
i just took them some deer meat i had in the freezer for the eagles and owls,some eels from cobe season and a fillet of crevell i was going to use for shark bait. i can always get more. they said that they got a LOT of mullet from the freeze but it is already gone. them birds and animals eat a lot everyday.

·
Registered
13,755 Posts
Thanks for posting ReelHappy, I was going to but got side tracked.

My wife spends allot of time there, it is a close place to our heart.

If you have never been to this place, try it once. The open houses they have are fun, as is the Dog Bath Days.

·
Registered
2,346 Posts
when i went up there today there was an owl in the front pen, i've never seen one up close. that is a beautiful bird. this thing stood about 18" tall and would just stand there and look at me(guess he never saw a red head up close before). i'd like to go through there sometime and see all the animals that they care for.

·
Neptune calls me "Daddy"
9,197 Posts
That's a cool place and I think they'll do tours for scouts and other groups.

I took a pelican with a broken leg there once. I was SHOCKED at how light those birds are... a couple pounds at best.

Jim

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
anybody going fishing today, remember the birds , they will eat what you won't, save it for them.

thank you

scot

1 - 8 of 8 Posts