Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,840 Posts
That's kinda like asking what car is best for you?
Fast?
Fuel Efficient?
Cargo Space?

Lets start with budget and do you just want FF or do you want GPS as well? Fresh water or saltwater? Basic operation or more gizmos than the space station?

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Never had a fish finder so I didn't know they came with gizmos so I guess just a basic fish finder, budget... eh anything under 300 and it's mostly going to be in saltwater.

·
Registered
3,840 Posts
If you've never had a FF before, then basic is best. $300 will get you a pretty nice CHIRP unit with a decent sized screen. In that price range, it really depends on your brand preference rather than quality. Humminbird, Lowrance, Garmin, and Raymarine all make nice units in that price range. I personally like Humminbird, but my next one may be a Lowrance.

I like the case on Humminbirds better. And they have a much nicer quick disconnect bracket. But I really like the menu layout on the new Lowrance. I'm not familiar with the Garmin and Raymarine in person.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I ended up getting this cheap Chinese knock off portable fish finder from my grandfather it's black and yellow so we will see how well it works this weekend

1 - 6 of 6 Posts