Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Helicopter Lineman
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to get a decent fish finder for my kayak. Been looking at Lowrance and Hummingbirds but can't make up my mind. I'd like to get a decent one that has GPS mapping. Trying to keep cost around 500 bucks any suggestions?

·
Registered
139 Posts
Amazon is the way to go. Got my hummingbird helix 5 gps/di/si kvd model on sale.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
90 Posts
West marine has the lowrance elite 4 chirp on clearance for 149.99
I have this and it does its job: maps, depth, radar etc. Very good if your on a budget or if you cant fish too often. However you can get exponentially nicer ones for around 350-400$.

·
Helicopter Lineman
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I have this and it does its job: maps, depth, radar etc. Very good if your on a budget or if you cant fish too often. However you can get exponentially nicer ones for around 350-400$.
I get the OH LOOK SHINEY SYNDROME a lot when buying new fishing gear. With that being said I do want a good all around fish finder. I've looked at the Lowrance Elites and Hummingbird finders both seem like good units.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Have a Lowrance Elite 4 on my yak and a Humminbird Helix 5 si/gps on my jon boat. Both are good units but I prefer the wide screen and interface of the Humminbird.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts