Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm thinking aboutgetting a fish finder on my Pelican 116. Anyone have suggestions on what type of battery and installation methods I should use? Is it a 6 volt or 12? I might put on my old Eagle 240. Thanks

·
Registered
147 Posts
12Volt. You can use 8 aa batteries, and pick up a batt holder at radio shack. You can put the battery holder in a pelican waterproof case you can find at academy. Case and holder will run about $15. You could also use a 12v 4ah or 12v 7ah battery to power as well and enclose in a plastic tupperware type container. These batts are a little more. You can generally find them in ups's, or at a security system retail store.

Mark

·
Registered
17 Posts

I bought my battery from the Battery Warehouse in FWB. I decided to get the charger while I was there...it is suppose to automatically turn off after the battery is at full charged.I keep the battery in the front compartment on the yak in a dry bag.

Randy

·
Registered
149 Posts
Wal-Mart sells the replacement 12v batteries for the 'Power Wheels' kids cars (and the chargers). I used 2-12v replacement batteries for the cordless spotlights they sell at West Marine. This works GREAT!

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
I use to use an 8AA battery pack from Radio Shack for my last FF... but with getting the new Eagle 245DS.. it requires a 12v and I bought mine from the Battery Source on 9 mile and it works great. Got the charger at Harbor Freight really cheap!!! I LOVE the new FF... it shows the bottom like I've never seen it! AWESOME machine!!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts