Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Headed to Pensacola June 30th-July 5th and bringing my boat. Are there fish cleaning stations with water/power at any of the ramps there?

·
Registered
44 Posts
None at ramps, I usually pull way off to the side of ramp and clean fish on boat and then dump carcass 500 feet from shore before loading boat on ramp. Wash down area with a bucket quickly to keep boat clean.

·
Registered
9,571 Posts
Take an extra ice chest and GUT the fish as soon as caught. Keep covered in ice not in water. Fish will keep like that for two weeks. Then when you have time or get home clean them. Remember keep in ice not water and gut and wash the fish as soon as caught.
I just called a local fish house to see if they could clean and keep or freeze them for fishermen, was told it is against health laws.

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Take an extra ice chest and GUT the fish as soon as caught. Keep covered in ice not in water. Fish will keep like that for two weeks. Then when you have time or get home clean them. Remember keep in ice not water and gut and wash the fish as soon as caught.
I just called a local fish house to see if they could clean and keep or freeze them for fishermen, was told it is against health laws.
Last year I just cleaned on the bed of the truck. I typically bring my vacuum sealer with me and process all of the fish for the ride home. We have a full sized refrigerator at the hotel so storage won't be an issue. I just know ramps/marinas here in TX have fish cleaning stations, usually with water hoses...that really helps cleanup.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts