Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

Registered
I haven鈥檛 used fish gum yet, but I know the effort and science that tony has put in to developing it. I have no doubt it will outfish fish bites. I鈥檒l definitely have some in my surf fishing kit for the spring run

Registered
Ive tried both. To me I think fish gum is better. Just by smell alone you can tell a big difference. Ive caught plenty on fish bites but I think its more of a visual attractant then anything else

Registered
I've used it before he tweaked it. I liked the consistency of it better than Fishbites, but when I used it Fishbites caught more fish by 2 to 1. it was more pliable to put on hooks.

If you subscribe to his channel he gives the product away every now and then. Not sure if he is still doing it or not. Lots of good information on his site too.

Registered
Which is best? Same thing? Probably get flamed for asking but, would like to know difference.

Thanks for the great question, up until 4 months ago I was not confident to sell FishGum, in early development I had problems with it being consistent at catching fish, it would even melt, and breakdown in other ways. Then one day everything came together, I will be selling it soon because I am confident anglers will have a good experience and catch fish.

Versus FishBites I can tell you what to expect. 1. FishGum will not last as long because I have more scent and less fillers which holds all the scent together. I would say it will break down 30% faster. However you鈥檒l get 50% more bait. 2. My experience is I do catch more fish than fishbites now, as do other anglers. 3. I鈥檝e caught more fish on FishGum than real bait on some outings. This doesn鈥檛 happen every time but it will happen. 4. It鈥檚 easier to get off the hook, my mesh is a pull away mesh with some effort. 5. FishGum has all the synthetic scent of surf zone bait and I add real bait extract of sand fleas, shrimp, crab and more. So you just need one flavor. 6. FishGum was developed in the Waters of the gulf coast. It鈥檚 dialed in with our water conditions which vary from the east coast where fishbites was developed. The east coast currents are stronger which could cause FishGum to dissolve even faster.

Tony

1 - 7 of 7 Posts