1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Blowhard extrordinair
2,271 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
328 Posts
i ahve used them on the kayak.....they will work but after one good time they are not good anymore...teethy fish bite through them....and fins puncture them....plus if you have them in the sun no matter how much ice you have ...nothing removes that smell. i use them to keep bait in then put the in the cooler...bait stays frozen in 100 degree sun....and smell is not too bad...if you bleach them out... after use...

·
Registered
64 Posts
Not sure about that particular bag but I use one that my wive had that is pretty well made. I've used it for a year and its held up pretty well. Might get another 6 months out of it. It was free so WTH

·
Tangle Master
3,308 Posts
We had a blue Sam's Club bag that we used. It worked great but I had to cut it open to get what was inside it out after it fell behind a bulkhead in the boat. I do plan to get another.

·
Registered
671 Posts
I use them all the time. Just rinse, bleach, soak, and then rinse again after use and they will last quite a while.

·
Registered
180 Posts
I just started using a Polar Bear 24, but use a thin insulated bag that I bought from walmart (hanging in the freezer section) to put the fish in to prevent the fins from gouging the liner. So far I'm really impressed with how long this thing keeps my frozen water bottles, but it ain't August yet.

·
Registered
5,012 Posts
Use a polyethylene sheet as a liner.
Like milk/water gallon jug plastic.
I use the super thin cutting board sheets from the $1 store or flea market.
Just put one in cross ways centered on bottom.
The springy action holds the bag spread out some as you open it.
And the fins and teeth do not go thru it.

·
Registered
358 Posts
I just started using a Polar Bear 24, but use a thin insulated bag that I bought from walmart (hanging in the freezer section) to put the fish in to prevent the fins from gouging the liner. So far I'm really impressed with how long this thing keeps my frozen water bottles, but it ain't August yet.
We are going on two years with the Polar Bear coolers. No liners, no additional protection. So far so good. These are by far the toughest soft coolers I have ever seen. Only problem is finding places that sell them.

Cheers
Drew

·
Registered
947 Posts
I will admit that I now use a Polar Bear 24 as well. I still have the freezer bag, but now my wife uses it when she goes to the grocery store...;)

Polar Bear is an awesome cooler. Liner is tough and can be inverted to clean. I bought a Polar Bear 12 for my lunch and drinks. I ordered it direct - the owners look like wild kayak fishermen to me... check out the site and their videos: http://www.polarbearcoolers.com/

·
Registered
180 Posts
The Polar Bear folks have an agreement with Heroes On the Water so that you can get their logo on a cooler bag. I have a couple of them an they look great.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts