Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If you are going anywhere offshore bring you gallons and I mean gallons of bug spray, we took my son out to fish the tournament today and the freakin northernflies like to drained our blood supply,we would have to take turns fishing so the other person could swat flies away from each of us. I felt sorry for my son he would really start to get in to it then the little black biting b*******

would relentlessly attack him andthey are so persistant that they will sacrifice other little black biting sob's to assure that one of them gets your blood.At any given time there were hundreds of them:hoppingmad

SO WHAT I'M SAYING GUYS IS PLEASE, BE CAREFUL AND WEAR PROTECTION

·
Registered
530 Posts
too bad about the bugs. yall get any good fish? wish i could have got back from school in time to sign up for the tournament though. how is it going?

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
You all got bit too?! Those flies stayed with us out thereall day Wednesday. I was trying to catch bait off the bottom and one right after another was landing on my back and arms and legs.. and in between trying to jig and reel, I was slapping and killingflies! Those things bit me several times - made me mad as fire. Ugh. Next time I will definately remember the bug spray!

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
The flies were getting us bad out there on Wednesday as well. We had a fly swatter on the boat and killed lots of them but they just kept on coming.

·
Registered
1,419 Posts
I've always wondered how the hell they get all the way out there? Where do they hatch from and who's blood do they suck when we are not around, the seagulls?

·
Registered
272 Posts
Dog flies ride the wind so anytime in the fall, when there is a north wind watch out. If you can, keep your feet up in the breeze, wear long pants and thick socks.

·
Registered
736 Posts
thosebuggers ripped me a new one last week............as soon as a fish was on they would land on your legs and bite, bite, bite.....i bet i got 100 bites in the course of a day.............stepped in the biggest ant hill you have ever seen at the boat ramp and got bit another hundred times..........cleaned the boat out that night and got bit by a hundred mosquitoes.............aaaarrrrruuuuggghhh!

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
them orange butterflies (?) are back too.... Ihad 50 guts splatteron my windshield just going over the destin bridge the other day.. :doh

1 - 13 of 13 Posts