Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was the idiot today paddling my way between kiteboarders in the bay south of Shalimar. Picked up an Old Town Predator MX from Broxson's yesterday and considering the conditions it held up pretty well out there today. Did more paddling than fishing, but I did manage 1 lady fish. Will probably try to catch the incoming tide tomorrow a.m. for a little bit before the wind picks up.

20190714_114327.jpg

·
lobsterguy
802 Posts
Keep on tryin

I saw the new kayak from Hobie on video and it seems like a game changer with the 360 degree turning ability and sideways motion. I was planning on getting one of those Old Towne yaks and now I am going to hold off til I can actually test one out. They will be around $5000 from what I can see. Nobody says much about the price on the ads but that must be part of the pitch. Hype em up and reel em in...… Hopefully I can catch a $5000 fish

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
It's funny how we look down on ladyfish. They are great jumpers, hard fighters and will strike a bare hook. The only thing lacking is palatability. How come folks pick tarpon, bonefish, roosterfish and others over ladyfish? Bless their hearts. So they don't feel discriminated against, I do box a bunch for bait and chum every year. I had a crew from Wyoming that I fished a couple of years ago that didn't know any better and they had an absolute blast catching em.
Nice Yak!

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I saw the new kayak from Hobie on video and it seems like a game changer with the 360 degree turning ability and sideways motion. I was planning on getting one of those Old Towne yaks and now I am going to hold off til I can actually test one out. They will be around $5000 from what I can see. Nobody says much about the price on the ads but that must be part of the pitch. Hype em up and reel em in...… Hopefully I can catch a $5000 fish
I couldn't bring myself to go over $2k for a yak. This one was $1300 which was more than I really wanted to spend too, but it was love at first sight when I saw it without all the clutter the others have.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It's funny how we look down on ladyfish. They are great jumpers, hard fighters and will strike a bare hook. The only thing lacking is palatability. How come folks pick tarpon, bonefish, roosterfish and others over ladyfish? Bless their hearts. So they don't feel discriminated against, I do box a bunch for bait and chum every year. I had a crew from Wyoming that I fished a couple of years ago that didn't know any better and they had an absolute blast catching em.
Nice Yak!
Thanks! I enjoy catching them, I take super light tackle with me so no matter what I hook I'm guaranteed a fight!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

·
Jiggin Finatic
8,549 Posts
The Predator is a beast, and will serve you well. Poor mans tarpon are always fun for a small tug and arial display.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts