Pensacola Fishing Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
558 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I finally came out of hybernation and got wet Wednesday with Mike, Kevin and Captain Paul. Was a little rusty at first but shook off the cobwebs andwe made some nice dives. We didn't load the boat with fish, but me and Mike both ended up getting our personal best groupers. Of course, we had to pushred snapper out of the way to shoot legal species.Here's a few pics:

Mike geared up and ready to roll:

Captain Paul with Mike's monster trig:

My best grouper ever:

Me and Mike back at the dock with our groupies:

Total haul -- not many fish but good weight.

Captain Paul withmy grouper:

By the time we got toTippy's,my eyes were permanently closed.

·
Super Moderator
29,282 Posts
Dern,,,,,,Them trigger's are STUDS!!!! Awesome Grouper brother!!!! Ya'll did great!!!:toast:bowdown

·
Registered
3,722 Posts
nice job guys! some good eats right there...

·
Registered
558 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Jason (22/04/2010)Dern,,,,,,Them trigger's are STUDS!!!! Awesome Grouper brother!!!! Ya'll did great!!!:toast:bowdown
Thanks! Mike's trigger was over 10 lbs. We saw lots of legal trigger but didn't bother with them. I got an AJ that went over 30 lbs, but as I was stringing him, I saw that big grouper, so I sent him up on a safety sausage, and a shark must have gotten him.Paul said they saw the sausage come up and bob on the surface for a few minutes, but before they could get to it, the whole thing went under and never resurfaced.

·
Registered
558 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Clay-Doh (22/04/2010)Dang Rich! Glad you guys got out. Paul called me about 10pm, but I just had way too much too do. Wish Icoulda been on that trip!

Good job guys!!:toast
Wish you could have made it, Clay. That would have been great. It's still a little cool but not unbearable and the vis wasfair -- 30 to 40 feet mostly.

·
Praedator
10,185 Posts
Glad you got the cobwebs off the gear Rich. I can not see the pictures till I get to the house. Good ole guberment blocks photobucket.

·
Registered
558 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Telum Pisces (22/04/2010)Glad you got the cobwebs off the gear Rich. I can not see the pictures till I get to the house. Good ole guberment blocks photobucket.
Good to see you at the shop the other day, TP. Ya'll got some nice mangroves.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts