Pensacola Fishing Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
me ,walt and gary went out saturday in walt's 24' key west cuddy to hunt for some aj's. was a beautiful day! launched around 8:00 am shoreline. first stop ussr freighter for bait. some other baiters were already there so went to our sceret spot for bait we were all alone. caught some white pogies and grunts and off to find the jacks. first stop old fishing pier rubble put one 32 aj in the box using a green jig. then flippers showed up stole a couple of fish and a stupid porpise got him self hooked on walts jig. chase him around for 15 minutes to cut the line as close as posible. gary had a blast fighting him! the closest we could get to him when he came up for air was 12 feet so we cut the line and said later! lost one jig and one barrel swivel. went to the chevron but a dive boat and one other boat was already on it. so we popped over to the big 'o' only two dive boats where there. so we went to the south end of it andput down a live one. man he was not down there more than 5 seconds and got slammed. we caught 5 aj's pretty fast. put another 32 and a 35 in the box for dinner. after that we went to explore a little. stopped by some rocks on the way home found some bointa ,more aj's and of course red snapper. we brought them up all day caught a real nice one on a jig at the big "o" had to be 15 pounds . we vented him and let him go. i did real good for the day. only using one jig all day caught 6 aj's 1 bobo 3 snapper 1 trigger (the trigger was on cut squid fishing for bait 13 1/2 let him go but i know where he lives and will be back in a couple of months to eat him). had a great time on the water with freinds. imiss be out there over the winter looking foward to a lot of days to come. till then fish on!!!!!!!

scot

·
Registered
549 Posts
Sounds like a great day to be catching on the GOM. I still say AJ's are mean fish. Diid you see anyone catching any barracuda at the O? Gene

·
Registered
2,079 Posts
Congrats, glad you guys were able to get out and even more importantly to read a fishing report. I bet that W/A was worth it's weight in gold this morning against the cold. :clap

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
PURPLE HAZE (2/21/2010)Sounds like a great day to be catching on the GOM. I still say AJ's are mean fish. Diid you see anyone catching any barracuda at the O? Gene
no didn't see one all day .

you guys must have caught them all lol!!!!

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
mpmorr (2/21/2010)Congrats, glad you guys were able to get out and even more importantly to read a fishing report. I bet that W/A was worth it's weight in gold this morning against the cold. :clap
thats why we took his boat and not mine. awesome cold weather fishing boat.

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
All you guys gettin offshore are killling me!! cool catch and pics!

·
Super Moderator
29,276 Posts
cobe killer (2/21/2010)GOOD JOB GUYS. :clapCAN YOU SAY "AJ DIP".:hungry
nahhhhhh they are too good fer dip....more like blackened AJ steaks!!!:letsdrink:letsdrink:letsdrink

·
Premium Member
2,633 Posts
MSYellowfin (2/22/2010)All you guys gettin offshore are killling me!! cool catch and pics!
If only you had an offshore capable boat... :)

You really have to get some blood on the decks of that beast man!

Congrats on a great trip guys. Looks like fun.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts