Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a new 25' CC with twin F150 outboards and plan to head out to the edge/ nipple area this weekend. I plan to troll a couple of stretches and maybe ballyhoos (if I can find them rigged up at the tackle shop), maybe drift live bait (sigs, pen fish, hard tails, or LYs) and would like to bottom fish for grouper. Any advice to a beginner would be greatly appreciated. i.e. What mahi, wahoo, sails, and tuna are biting best right now, how fast to pull them, which direction to head, how deep to fish, etc. Also is there any structures in that area that I can find #s on to do some grouper fishing? Does anyone know of a captain in the area they can recommend to take us out on our boat?

Thanks for any help!

·
Ms Ruth 07 Pursuit 265LS
1,268 Posts
Welcome to the forum! :)

·
Super Moderator
29,043 Posts
Welcome aboard, and remember pics pics and more pics!!!

·
Registered
380 Posts
Welcome! I would absolutely recommend that you hire a captain to give you hand for your first few trips. It will save you time, money, fuel, and aggravation. It will be worth every penny!! There is so much to learn that it would be overwhelming by yourself if you aren't offshore on a regular basis. The water is pretty dirty right now to say the least, but a cap can put you on some fish for sure!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts