Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
At last, I finally caught my first tarpon. I was in summerland key this weekend for my invert course,decided to do some fishing. beutiful fish I got about 20 leaps out of him.

got him on a gulp shrimp.

the keys are awsome!

look at that blue water

2nd floor balcony view

·
Registered
261 Posts
Ah- the Keys are wonderful aren't they?! The second pic is from 7 mile bridge. I've been diving and fishing there many a times. There a 12' hammerhead that trolls that area and he's scared the crap out of me a couple times while diving.

Glad you explored our beautiful state!

·
Registered
515 Posts
Nice job! I like that second pic also. I think I stood in that exact same spot before. Was that at Bahia Honda State Park? One of the most beautiful places I've ever been.

·
Registered
879 Posts
Yes, the second pic is from Bahia Honda. I do have to say that I was more than pleased to lead Deadly Dick to his first tarpon and I even showed him my secret back snatching technique so they can't rub through the leader. That was a nice fish for 12lb tackle, every bit of 30lbs:poke. My guiding abilities seem to be improving every trip. The third pic is a view of just a small part of my daily commute every day each summer. :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts