Pensacola Fishing Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went out with a buddy for a few hours of wreck fishing on Monday. It was a gorgeousday, warm sun, cool water and as smooth as it ever gets out there. We caught sm grouper, huge bull reds and of course a billion red snapper. It was good for the soul to stay bowed up non stop, even if they all had to go backafter this winter. This was my first time jigging on a wreck, loved it! Can't wait to do it again! Thank God summer is BACK!

·
Registered
606 Posts
Always hurts to have to release those endangered snappers..nice pic's great report.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Man monday was a beautiful day, where did you guys fish? i love it when you swing a left out of pensacola bay towards the pass and see nothing but silk like water..

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yes it is. They are magnificent fish. I never get used to the shimmeringcolor and the details of the scales and thetransparent fins. They taste pretty nice too =) It pains me to have to cut into them and not just because their scales are like armor.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Not really, I've gone out a time or two with friends that had little intention of getting their butts kicked in the tower all day so we gave up. I think I saw one on Monday, could have been a shark, I didn't get a good look. I've only been on drive the boat duty when I have gone. I've got the eye for it but not the boat or crew.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
GROUPER321 (4/7/2010)I cant wait to shoot one, but I might kill the last one out their:banghead
Yep, I'm certain that we would never see another red snapper if you did that........oh wait we're being serious :doh They're becoming like a plague.........A very good plague!

·
Registered
3,296 Posts
freespool50 (4/7/2010)very nice as usual. thanks for posting. and next time dont forget the spf45!!! you're too young to be have your skin roorint.
Nice fish Steph , but I'm with this guy, put on some sunscreen.You don't want to look like me and my crusty brother when you get older.:letsdrink

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Don't worry guys I wasn't very burnt, more red from fighting that fish on fairly lite tackle than sun burnt. I had 55 on. Just got a little pink. My winter white is sensitive =)

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
TURTLE (4/7/2010)
freespool50 (4/7/2010)very nice as usual. thanks for posting. and next time dont forget the spf45!!! you're too young to be have your skin roorint.
Nice fish Steph , but I'm with this guy, put on some sunscreen.You don't want to look like me and my crusty brother when you get older.:letsdrink
I HAD sunscreen on! And your brother is not crusty! I take good care of my skin for the most part.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts