Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
601 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had some time off this morning so I asked a buddy if he wanted to head out and do some quick fishing. His wife is outta town, so he was happy to do so. I usually do my inshore fishing down at NAS because I'm without a boat, so that is where we headed. To say I know something about fishing down here would be a big fat lie. I tie a hook on the end of some powerpro, attach that to a swivel and put a 1 oz. egg sinker above that. Throw some fresh shrimp above that and let the trash fish have their way with me!

Today was no different, we ended up catching some ladyfish which are always good for a fight, and a pufferfish. Then I hooked into something that put up some fight, when it came to the surface, I thought it was a big hardtail, only to realize it was a small Jack Crevalle! I thought that was pretty cool, never hooked up with one of those before. Still feeding the pinfish, when my line goes tight, I start reeling, my drag starts going off....this is no pinfish! I played with it for a bit, then got it to the surface and saw my first Redfish! I was excited now, I got it up, took some pics and sent it back to the sea, it was undersized anyway, but still fun. I ended the day with a 16" flounder that DIDN'T make it back to the sea. I'll be baking that bad boy later. I'll add pics when my buddy emails them to me. Thanks for reading and sharing in my excitement!

And last but certainly not least.....

Thanks for all the support and congratulations, when I get one big enough, I'll take hit you up for some recipes.

·
Registered
105 Posts
That is great. Our favorite way to prepare redfish is to blacken the redfish. A lot people don't like it blackened, but Redfish is the exception. Let me know if you want the easy method. Congrats:clap

·
Registered
143 Posts
Congrats on the Red.:clap My first red was a 35-40 lb redfish that I caught on a dock in east bay. Let's see some pictures.:takephoto

·
Registered
139 Posts
Congratulations on the first red. What a previous poster said...once you get one you start to look for them. Thanks for sharing.:clap:clap

·
Topwater Bluefish fan
1,276 Posts
congrats to ya !

might i suggest the next time you go back bring you an ultralight set -up . get some crappie tubes and some beatle spins. you'd be surprised what you would catch .

·
Registered
601 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Baitcaster (7/17/2008)congrats to ya !

might i suggest the next time you go back bring you an ultralight set -up . get some crappie tubes and some beatle spins. you'd be surprised what you would catch .
I'll do just that, I have plenty of that stuff laying around given my freshwater roots, I've often wondered if it would be an effective way of fishing, I'll have to give it a try, thanks for the heads up.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts