Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
One of our most popular menu items at Live Bait at the Wharf!

Bayou Seafood Cakes:

1lb of fish filets OR trimmings picked of of various fish...nonetheless 1 lb of fish meat. STEAMED or Sauteed and chilled OR 1 lb of leftover white flaky fish

3 tbsp of bay shrimp or small count shrimp steamed and chopped

3 tbsp of crawfish tails chopped

1/2 cup mayo

2 tbsp creole or whole grain mustard

1 tbsp finely chopped green onions

1 tsp of Paul Prudhomme Blackened Redfish Magic

1 cup of Japanese Panko Breadcrumbs

1 tbsp of clarified butter or vegetable oil

Mix everything in a bowl except breadcrumbs. Add breadcrumbs slowly until you can make a good size ball of mix that will hold its shape about half fist size balls.

make a "cake" out of the mix and chill in the fridge for 30 minutes before cooking. Mash into breadcrumbs and saute in oil or butter on medium heat until nice and golden. If thick cakes, you may have to flash in a 400 degree oven to warm thru. Make your favorite remoulade or tartar sauce serve with lemons and enjoy!!

·
Registered
193 Posts
Dear Badazzchef,

Do you have any guesses what might be in Chet's marinated grouper? I love it!

Thanks, drlile

·
Registered
261 Posts
To: drlile- You asked what's in Chet's grouper- COD!!! Yes, I hear it's Cod from multiple sources. Can't confirm it though- I won't eat there. Personal opinion- that place has been junk for the last few years and crazy overpriced.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Sounds good..i'm gonna have to save this one!

Howmany servingswill that recipe make?

Can you freeze non fried ones, or do they loose texture/flavor???

·
Registered
6,287 Posts
I can't believe you gave THAT RECIPE out and will not tell me ANY of your sauce recipes. YOUR AN ARSE........ :moon

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
we do a similar thing except we roll it into golf ball sized pieces for appetizers. veeeery gooooood! you can mix in some cooked rice also.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts