Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have tried to catch one of these rascals for many years. It all finally came together and I was elated to say the least. Spent a week up and down Ft. Pickens and finally got lucky. Caught a flounder, ladies and some hard tails. Caught several nice Spanish at Pickens pier using a big clear bubble and a straw with a treble hook. Most of all I want to thank all the people that gave me clues and some places to fish. I had a great time and will be back this winter for some reds. A little crowded right now.
IMG_2028[1].jpg

·
Registered
49 Posts
Good deal.

I remember catching my first Pompano after several years trying. :thumbup::thumbup:

Called the house, waited for the party to start and the press to arrive.:( Finally went on home and cooked it up with hush puppies.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Thanks guys! You all have a heck of a fishery. Lot of places are hard to get to and it seems like there is construction or a bird fence everywhere you go. Really need a boat down there but I was happy just to visit and play !! I did get out with Jason in his boats and that was a real treat. Thanks Jason !!

·
Registered
6,344 Posts
I have tried to catch one of these rascals for many years. It all finally came together and I was elated to say the least. Spent a week up and down Ft. Pickens and finally got lucky. Caught a flounder, ladies and some hard tails. Caught several nice Spanish at Pickens pier using a big clear bubble and a straw with a treble hook. Most of all I want to thank all the people that gave me clues and some places to fish. I had a great time and will be back this winter for some reds. A little crowded right now.
View attachment 919697
October time is usually a good pompano run. Not as many folks fishing as hunting season starts

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

1 - 8 of 8 Posts