Pensacola Fishing Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got down to the beach a little late today, around 8:00, put out 3 lines with double hook pompano rigs, baited with fresh shrimp pieces. Raked some fleas and added them. Fish started biting around 9:00ish, home around 11:00, ended up with 4 total pomps, 3 around 12" and one 18".

Used one rig with the Walmart marathon prerigged with floaties, got the big one and one of the small ones on it. The other 2 rods were rigged with flurocarbon pomp rig i tied, no floaties- got the other 2 pomps on them. All caught on sandfleas, about the size of a dime.

All were caught on the seaward side of the first bar, in the trough.Had to wade outwaist high to cast there. Lot of boats out looking for Cobia - I counted 46 from horizon to horizon.

Fleas were in the soft sand about knee deep water, tide was coming in I believe. Also, caught a few maybe 1" long baby flounder in the rake while I was looking for fleas.

·
Registered
3,722 Posts
good job on the pomps...there's supper:hungry nice report and the prettiest water around over there...

·
Super Moderator
29,280 Posts
Great work getting something to cook!!! CONGRATS!:letsdrink

1 - 5 of 5 Posts