Pensacola Fishing Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Watched the fights last night and ended up staying out a little later than planned. We woke up this morning and threw some stuff together so we could go fish. We didnt end up leaving the dock until around lunch time and headed out to Horn Island to sit on the bar. No sooner than we had all the lines out we had a fish on. I have never been so pumped to sink the gaff into a 25 pound fish. Not a real big first fish for the year but a fish none the less. I heard a couple of other boats with fish on the radio. Looks like they are moving in. Hopefully it will be a good year!

Sorry about the cell phone picture. We had no camera

·
Registered
25 Posts
Joey D, nice fish. We put a 40lb fish in the box on the bar on Saturday. Looks like they are going to start showing up in good numbers this next week.

KennyB

Fishing The Mississippi Gulf Coast

www.fishingmgc.net

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Appreciate the comments. Yeah I'm hoping the fish will start showing up good in the next week. I remember last year we fished Chandeleur bar for the shootout and I think we caught one of the only fish off of the bar. I dont see that being the case this year. I think there will be some good fish weighed.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Joey,

I think there will be some really good fish weighed and most of them will come from the bar. The North Bar of Chandy should produce some monster Cobia this year.

KennyB

Fishing The Mississippi Gulf Coast

www.fishingmgc.net

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I think you are right about that. Have you heard about a 70 being caught off of Horn Island by SYL?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts