Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went out today about 4:30 and launched at the foot of the3- mile bridge on Gulf Breeze Side. Water was so smooth I just dropped my trolling motor and crusied along the bridge. Caught bunch of trout on 4"Gulp. ABout 7:00 I tried a double leader with no weight and 2-live shrimp on Tru turn hooks, just threw it out and floated it. BAM!! Red fish slammed it and the fight began, I think it took me about 10-15 minutes to get it in. This was my first, and I was very excited! Awsome fighting fish, can't wait to go again!

·
Registered
448 Posts
Congratulations man..that's awesome that you got your first Red. I'm glad it was a good size one too. I got a guy hooked up on his first bull a few weeks ago and I wouldnt be surprised if he wet his pants from excitement. Go get some more and post some more pics.

·
Banned
910 Posts
Damn nice fish!!

Now you know what the fuss is all about. For inshore fishing on light tackle you can't beat it. Them bad boysare strong.

·
Registered
931 Posts
yea i caught my first bull a week ago from my hobie outback and he went 44inches it was a fun sleigh ride for around 15-20 mins

·
Praedator
10,010 Posts
vspivey (11/29/2007)I forgot my stick, but I think it was 17-18". I should have kept it.
Not if you didn't know the exact measurment.:nonono I was thinking it looked like in the range of 27"-29" Close to the slot but just out. Still a nice fish for your first red. Just wait till you get that 44 incher on some light tackle.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts