Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Debated on what to do today, boat or beach? Got a slow start so my wife and I decided the beach would be easier so we packed up and headed out about 11:30. Stopped by Maria's to grab some shrimp and the lady was so excited to tell me that they had "fishing shrimp" in today for the first time in a long time and she guaranteed my success! Score! Half of a pound please! Got to Chicken Bone Beach and set up with my lines in the water right at 12:30. The weather was right, I was getting out pretty far on my casts and my weights were holding so I was feeling good about it. 2 hours of nothing but sun tan then BAM! My big rod bent over and the drag screamed. I ran over and so did everyone else on the beach it seems and all I can think is please let my knots hold! Got her in after a good long battle and landed my first bull red! Awesome feeling to get what you are going after. Look forward to many more.

·
Super Moderator
27,956 Posts
Way ta go brother....you are hooked fer sure now!!!! AWESOME!

·
Registered
153 Posts
Congrats nice fish.Now tell us how cold was the water today.You do look like one happy person.Did you tape that fish nice size Red.

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The water temp was far from my mind at that point. Didn't think twice about getting wet to make sure the fish was landed. Didn't have a tape on hand, I'm no pro on size estimation and that's the biggest fish yet for me so I'm open to guesses. I'm thinking maybe 40 inches? Im only 5'7 so theres a scale.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts