Pensacola Fishing Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
734 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My buddy got a good one last night. We have the property set up for gun season for my dad and the land owner and only set 2 archery stands. One on a plot and one on a nice travel route, I drew the short straw last night and sat the travel route stand and watched birds and squirrels all evening. At 315pm I got a text that he shot a big one and it crashed right outside the plot! We’ve got a handful of these deer with just one browtine and a funky rack, now we have one less.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,528 Posts
Good one, congrats to your buddy!

·
Hunter
1,081 Posts
Nice buck! Congrats to him!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
29,873 Posts
Sweet....like funky racks!

·
Registered
6,943 Posts
Where in Alabama? We are in Autauga co and have a bunch of bucks with a weird left rack (no brow tines) and a normal right rack. Trying to take out all the ones we see like that.

·
Registered
2,714 Posts
Where in Alabama? We are in Autauga co and have a bunch of bucks with a weird left rack (no brow tines) and a normal right rack. Trying to take out all the ones we see like that.

Nice Buck for sure!

I've been told that left rack deformity on a mature buck is a result of a prior injury to one of the front legs.

·
Registered
734 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Near Repton. He had the same set up last year but was smaller. There’s another that might be a older brother that’s got the same 5x2 but is taller with little 2“ kickers off the g2s so it’d be a 9 point. Pretty cool watching them grow on camera, this is our 2nd real season up there and that’s the first buck taken. Hope for more this year.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts