Pensacola Fishing Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Met up with Fink yesterday for a quick lunch at Ruth's, near black water. Awesome burgers for those that never tried 'em. Headed in the woods around 3, and had several small bucks and does moving early. This one walked by around 430p. Haven't killed one in a while. Forgot what it was like.

Deer

·
Registered
4,163 Posts
Looks like a perfect shot!! Cangrats Dave!!

·
Registered
14,911 Posts
I haven't hunted Blackwater in years so pardon my ignorance but you ate something at Ruth's... something that wasnt in a package wth a clear date stamped on it?? You talkin' about the crossroads store... AKA McCranies? - If so Im glad that things have changed up there and your still alive LOL!!
Nice Buck!! Congratulations

·
Super Moderator
29,543 Posts

·
Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 · (Edited)
Thanks guys! Yes, this was an Alabama deer taken a few miles north of blackwater. Sorry, I should have been more specific. It was taken with a 50 cal. muzzleloader at 120 yards. If it had been a little closer, I probably would not have shot it. It was actually a very small 8 pt. I did not take many pics, but the deer weighed around 130#. My guess is 2 1/2 yo.

It's the first time I sat on a food plot this year. Usually, I'm up a tree. The plan was for me and my buddy to harvest some does for meat, but his horns got in the way.

Nonetheless, I truly enjoyed harvesting this deer. I usually only take one or two a season, but felt the urge to fire the smoke pole. I'm glad I did, but it's all about the wife getting hers now! (unless, of course, that itch comes back)

Attachments

1 - 16 of 16 Posts