Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
632 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well just want to give a big thanks to the Randle's for taking me up to their hunting camp for the past two weekends. 2 weeks ago I saw a lot of deer just didn't take the shot on any (Including a nice 7 pt :banghead).

This weekend I knew it was probably my last weekend to hunt for the year so I decided I better get some meat put in the freezer. We got to the camp Friday night and I went to one of the stands and saw a few does but they smelt me and took off. Didn't see nothing the next morning sitting on a powerline except 3 turkeys and the inside of my eyelids.

Saturday night I was sitting in the same stand and saw 3 does walk up. I waited to see if a buck would come out but he didn't so i decided to take one of the does. Got her in the cross hairs and then she just fell over. It was like something out of TV she didn't even move. She weighed 105 lbs and was my first deer ever

Sunday no one saw anything. So we decided to head out again Monday morning. Well we get out and nothing again monday morning :banghead so me and Chris decided we'll stay up and get a afternoon hunt in and then just head home after. Well I get to another stand and then waited. Didn't see anything until about 545 and it was dark. So I get him in my scope and just watch for a little while. I couldn't tell if it was a doe or buck. So i decided to wait a little longer. It got to the point I could barely see and decided now was the time to take it. I shoot he falls over and didn't move a muscle. Get down there and realized it was a little 4 pt. Wish it would've been a doe, he would've been a nice deer next year.

I had a awesome weekend and want to give a big thanks to the Randle's, Outcast, and all the people that helped me with the gun decision. Without yall I would've been sitting on my butt at home probably doing nothing. :usaflag

·
Registered
632 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yupper. Tikka T3 Lite in 270 WSM. Winchester Ballistic Silvertips 130 grain

·
Super Moderator
28,521 Posts
Good job on the 1st on both parts!!! All up-hill now!!!!:letsdrink:letsdrink:letsdrink

1 - 6 of 6 Posts