Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
9,890 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anniversary coming up in a few days, wife loves owls, a lot. I figured she'd like to have a real life barn owl, made from some actual old barn metal! Pretty tricky getting any of this old dirty stuff to take the tiniest weld but I think it came out pretty neat

Sent from my SM-G955U1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
9,890 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yep, I've been down the galvanized road before, I'd stayed below the smoke since it was on a stand and I was on a stool. I tried tigging a spot and even at 20 amps the metal just disappeared lol

·
Registered
4,509 Posts
Crazy good, sicfish. You're gonna get lucky with that one.

Reactions: sureicanfish

·
Registered
6,565 Posts
How do you have his feet attached to the wood? You can run a couple screws in the log then tack to it

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
9,890 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
How do you have his feet attached to the wood? You can run a couple screws in the log then tack to it

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
That's a great idea, didnt even think of that. Feet are just bent just right, took forever. Attachment is via rebar glued into the wood and then welded to the piece of rebar the whole thing started with, which is also the back "leg" of the whole thing.

·
Super Moderator
28,376 Posts
You could make em with the head/eye holes a little bigger then it would be a bird nesting box.... purty sporty brother!!!! Can't wait to start additions in my shop and start wood working and welding again!!!

1 - 20 of 38 Posts