Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Where do you smokers get your wood? My firewood guy on Woodbine moved and I'm running low. Specifically, I'm looking for pecan or hickory but live oak is fine too.

·
Registered
62 Posts
I've bought hickory mini logs at both Wal Mart and Lowe's, here in south LA. I haven't checked Home Depot, but they may carry something, as well.

·
Registered
544 Posts
There's a guy on Pine Forest Rd. just south of 9-Mile in Pensacola who sells a variety of split wood out by the road. I think he sells it on the honor system. He's on the west side of Pine Forest after you pass Wal-Mart & Dunkin Doughnuts.

·
Registered
539 Posts
Where do you smokers get your wood? My firewood guy on Woodbine moved and I'm running low. Specifically, I'm looking for pecan or hickory but live oak is fine too.
There's plenty of free pecan and oak around. You just have to watch craigslist or marketplace and be willing to go pick it up and cut it yourself. I loaded my truck a couple of months ago with free pecan and some oak, and I didn't have to go far to find it. I did have to cut it up with my chain saw. Hickory is another thing. Not much hickory to be found around NW Florida, but I've found that I really like white oak the best anyway. There is also tons of wild cherry around which is good as well and cherry laurel.

·
US ARMY 2d ID VETERAN
2,896 Posts
Wished I could find some fresh or near freshly cut hickory.
(I prefer to season it my own way).

·
Registered
1,921 Posts
I stock lots of chunks at Escambia electric. Oak, hickory, pecan, apple, peach, grape, sasassafras, almond, olive, mesquite, bourbon barrels, I am sure I left some out.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts