Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
14,771 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In Esc. or SR county I can find out who owns a piece of property by looking at a map on the property appraisers website. I need to be able to do the same for Dallas County Al. but don't think its possible. Unless someone tells me a way to do it I'm gonna have to go to the PA office in Selma and look it up old school - Any tips??

·
Seafox 237 twin outboards
5,433 Posts
Maybe get a gps coordinate and go to the court house in Dallas county.
The court house will have your information, you just need to be able to show exactly where it is your talking about.
They will have a map for tax purposes, fire district purposes, and other things. So you should be easily able to find out who owns a piece of property by looking at a map that they will have. What department, I have no clue.

·
Super Moderator
28,621 Posts
You finding a good piece of property fer us to hunt together?????:shifty:

·
Registered
2,019 Posts
Just about every county in Alabama has some form of a GIS, that will plot out property lines and owner information over aerial maps. Just google whatever county you are searching in and the letters GIS.

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

·
Registered
14,771 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
This is what the land glide app looks like, easy to use, comes in pretty handy.
Dallas county is poorest county in Bama and they don't have the GIS system so land glide don't work there. HOWEVER. It is one of the coolest apps I've seen!

·
Super Moderator
28,621 Posts

·
Banned
3,774 Posts
Dallas county is poorest county in Bama and they don't have the GIS system so land glide don't work there. HOWEVER. It is one of the coolest apps I've seen!
I know this does not help but pretty sure Wilcox is the poorest county and has the best deer hunting in the south. If you are standing anywhere in Alabama there are 4 deer within a quarter mile of where you are standing according to the deer census data. Awesome! I have a bunch of former employees who have property in Wilcox county best/easiest deer hunting in the south. I say former because I am retired. I could tell you so stories but I can't. All I can say is awesome!

·
Registered
14,771 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I know this does not help but pretty sure Wilcox is the poorest county and has the best deer hunting in the south. If you are standing anywhere in Alabama there are 4 deer within a quarter mile of where you are standing according to the deer census data. Awesome! I have a bunch of former employees who have property in Wilcox county best/easiest deer hunting in the south. I say former because I am retired. I could tell you so stories but I can't. All I can say is awesome!
I stand corrected. Wilcox is #1 and Dallas is #3. Seems that deer do well in places that people do not - interesting!

·
Super Moderator
28,621 Posts

·
Registered
14,771 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Boy we'd have to pick up a few others!!!
Disappointed that they know what they got. Still have a couple more options. Most of its surrounded by pay to hunt acreage. I'll just kill em when they cross the driveway!😉

·
Seafox 237 twin outboards
5,433 Posts
They should be moving up the money ladder with the new movie Selma that comes out this week. From all the tourism they are gonna get for the 50th anniversary.

·
Registered
14,771 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
They should be moving up the money ladder with the new movie Selma that comes out this week. From all the tourism they are gonna get for the 50th anniversary. .
saw where they were having a free preview at the theater in selma last weekend. Started to suggest a PFF night but didn't figure yall would want to go

1 - 20 of 24 Posts