Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4,958 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After getting in a little lease in AL....got my first kill in 4 years!! been way to long...well last weekend i bloodied up one and never found him, i was discouraged but got back up here this weekend to see if i could redem my bad luck...got up this morning to fog that you couldnt see 10' in front of you so we decided to hold off till a little after daylight to see if condidtions changed...decided to go in to my lock on where i got into the deer last weekend, a buddy of mine suggested we try and get one on film...sat there for a few hours and didnt see anything so we got down, went and checked a few spots and went and got some lunch...had to go back in this afternoon to my lock on to get my climber and get my buddy set up in there in hopes of letting him get a shot at one of the dozens of deer that have been coming in there...got my climber and eased out and went to a plot that had a little but of grass on it...got in there late and had to hustle to get my stand on the tree and get up it and get settled in before the good time of day got there....about 5:30 heard something behind me and thought it was just some birds and the wind rustling some leaves eased around to see a doe and 2 yearlings staring at me....they blew and ran off, thought my evening was shot mow becasue they are all 3 are blowing at me about 50yds away....the doe and yearlings moved on about 20 min later...looked down a trail coming into the plot and a little spike steps out...decided he was gonna walk...shortly behind him was a very big doe...they fed around for a few min and everytime i tried to stand up one of them would catch a glimence of me so i had to take it very slow and finally got stood up and as soon as i did the doe was quartering away and had her head down, pulled back put my 30yd pin on her and let the rage broadhead fly to do its damage...watched it hit her where i thought was a good shot...went down found a little blood...called my buddy and the other guy hunting to come help...started finding good blood and thought it wouldnt be long before we found her...went about 100yds till we found her and found out i hit her farther back then i thought..went in just behind the ribs and and came out behind the other front shoulder...goin back tomorrow to see if i can repeat!

sorry for the bad pic quality...had to take it with the camcorder...left the camera at the house:banghead

·
Registered
4,958 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
didnt have a scale but we guessed her about 120-125...after dragging what seemed like 5 miles i would swear she was 400lbs!

·
Super Moderator
27,927 Posts
Five Prongs Of Fury (10/26/2008)A fuzzy pic is better than no pic. Good job!!!
Dern skippy on that un!!! Congrats brother!!!!:clap:clap:clap

1 - 13 of 13 Posts