Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went to blackwater bay monday and had a pretty good day . On the first cast I got a 17 1/2" speck . About 30 minutes later i gota 16"flounder . I wasn't targeting flounder and just got lucky on that one . Red fish were pretty slow till the tide got low after noon . I have this spot that i like to wade when the tide is low and sight fish. There is this sandbar that is exposed on low tide and i walk around it. I was in about knee deep water looking at some grass flats for some action and not much going on. I turn around towards the sand bar and i see thisred fish in about 6 " of water not even paying attention to me.Most of his back is out of the water . I cast at him and he stops . doesn't see the bait so i cast over him and drag it right in front of his nose .Wham he grabs it and goes crazy in the shallow water. Once i got him to me and wade back to the boat he measures 19 1/2 " So into the ice chest he goes. I fished for a couple more hours in the same area and got 3 more slot reds(got the free pass)before i called it a day. I had one break the leader right when i set the hook that felt real good . wish i could have seen him.

·
Registered
6,441 Posts
Suh-weet!!!

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
Congrats on your GRAND SLAM!!! I've caught one... but the only problem was... after I boated the red... the flounder and spec made it within a foot of me grabbing them.. and then jumped off... That was the closest I have ever made it to a grand slam. Maybe this fall/winter. Here's hoping!:mmmbeer :toast

1 - 20 of 27 Posts