Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finally got a yak!!! :Dafter all that I have been reading on the forum about how great it is TRP and myself decided to get a couple. It was nothing short of AMAZING!!!! I have been missing out. I ended up getting a West Marine Pomp 12' which after some research is pretty much the same hull design as the older wilderness tarpon 12' minus the name and the price. Cant beat Kayak, scotty rod mount in the front, anchor trolley, seat, paddle, and PFD for about $750(Kayak with mount came together, everything else was seperate.):thumbsup: Now for the fun part of outfitting it. I am going to use the mod thread and steal some of ya'lls ideas. I will post pics later. Hope to cast some lines with some of you all sometime! Till then, try to leave me some fish.

- OH might as well tell you all this before TRP post on here and throws me under the bus... so in all of my infinate wisdom thought I would try to stand on the kayak and see how stable it was...pretty stable while paddling but standing...not so much:no: I was out with TRP and I decided to stand up in it and at first it was ok so i yelled out to him "look you can stand up in this thing!", a few small waves later I am swimming...luckly when the yak started to tip i pushed off it to correct it so i wouldn't dump my gear...:( Well I guess the good things that came out of it was a laugh, now i know you cant stand up in them, and i know can get back in if i fall out...:thumbup:

·
Registered
48 Posts
i saw that one yesterday at west...definitely the same mold as a tarpon120/pescador. Thinking it will be my next yak...keep us updated.....pics?

·
Registered
5,780 Posts
congrats once my knee gets good enough to peddle ill meet up with you. where habe u been fishing in em?
I have a pescador 12 but after peddling paddling isn't as fun , better then me sitting at home though

Sent from samsung Galaxy note using Forum Runner

·
Registered
2,061 Posts
Congrats on the yak! We should wet a line sometime.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
ox- We have been launching from the base at the beach and the marina by the front gate. TRP has been catching things...I have not. we can definately get out in the yaks when you are better. Let me know.

Pomp- where are you out of? looking forward to wetting lines one day.

·
Registered
2,061 Posts
I'm in pensacola near the fairgrounds

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Here are some pics... sorry it took so long. Nothing special but it gets me in the water and for my first yak, I am loving it...I have been missing out!!!:thumbup:

Attachments

1 - 14 of 14 Posts