Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
VIP of the PFF
8,433 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've wanted one for 20 years now, and I finally bit the bullet and did it ! I don't have a boat lift yet....hopefully next year I can get one installed. I guess that I'm going to have to start volunteering to work more overtime. Lol ! Looking forward to the day that I can push a button to put the boat in the water !

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6,410 Posts
Being able to slip it for the weekend is pretty nice! We are replacing a lift in the next few weeks. But meantime, putting the boat in on Friday and pulling on Sunday ain't bad.

Lifts are pricey but worth it.

·
Registered
5,715 Posts
Curious.......Why did you slop the roof the way you did?

If it was sloped the other direction , then it would go straight in the water and no need for the gutter system.

·
VIP of the PFF
8,433 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Curious.......Why did you slop the roof the way you did?

If it was sloped the other direction , then it would go straight in the water and no need for the gutter system.
My piling driving crew sunk my pilings closest to the shore too deep....so I had to change my plans and get creative. I wasn't home when they drove them in. If I didn't change the direction of my slant .....it was going to make the river side entrance mighty low.

·
Super Moderator
28,269 Posts
Very Very NICE!!! Where is the disco globe and stripper pole you were thinking about??? Looks like it'll fit my sled and there is a launch right beside it... Need some coordinates....hahaha Couple nice rockers and you are set (unfortunately you'll have to lock em down so they don't run off}

·
Registered
4,485 Posts
Looking good! Hurry up and wire up that green light. Once it's established, you can sell all of your televisions. Best entertainment ever. Except maybe what Jason was talking about.

·
Registered
959 Posts
Looks great ! Suggestion : Install 4 large screw in eye bolts , 2 on each side on the inside of your slip. Get enough rope ( 4-5' for each eye bolt). On one end of the rope tie about a 10lb. weight from barbell set. Run the rope thru the eyebolt and attach a clip of some sort. The weight hangs down into the water and then clip it to your tie downs on the boat when it is un the slip. Voila ! The boat stays centered in your slip and can move up & down if you have any tidal range or flooding issues !

1 - 20 of 23 Posts