Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
DROP TINE BUCK
5,864 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I built a flagpole last September, was planning on having it up before hunting season...well after a couple coats of primer and paint, before I knew it, it was hunting season, and there is not alot else that gets accomplished around the house during hunting season!!

Well, hunting season come and went and it was time to put the pole up. Its pretty dang heavy, (20’ of 2” pipe reduced down to 20’ of 4” pipe for a totaI length of 40’)dont know what it weighs, but its more than I thought I could tackle by myself.

So im dragging tail, wondering how imma get this thing stood up, finally I decided to try it. I used my hitch skinning rack in my truck to winch it up! Went pretty smooth and had it stood up in no time. (But I was sweating my skinning rack holding up) it was in some kind of bind for a little bit!

Starting to pick er up!

Shes coming! Ol skinning rack is in a bind now!

Almost there!!

Woooo! Got it!

After letting concrete sit for almost a week, old glory is finally where I can see her!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
916 Posts
I built a flagpole last September, was planning on having it up before hunting season...well after a couple coats of primer and paint, before I knew it, it was hunting season, and there is not alot else that gets accomplished around the house during hunting season!!

Well, hunting season come and went and it was time to put the pole up. Its pretty dang heavy, (20’ of 2” pipe reduced down to 20’ of 4” pipe for a totaI length of 40’)dont know what it weighs, but its more than I thought I could tackle by myself.

So im dragging tail, wondering how imma get this thing stood up, finally I decided to try it. I used my hitch skinning rack in my truck to winch it up! Went pretty smooth and had it stood up in no time. (But I was sweating my skinning rack holding up) it was in some kind of bind for a little bit!

Starting to pick er up!

Shes coming! Ol skinning rack is in a bind now!

Almost there!!

Woooo! Got it!

After letting concrete sit for almost a week, old glory is finally where I can see her!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Looks good brother! Nothing better than seeing that in the yard!

·
Registered
3,629 Posts
Make sure to post when your rope breaks and you have to shimmy up that pole. Maybe we can come over and make a party of it! In all seriousness, looks great.

Reactions: delta dooler
1 - 11 of 11 Posts