Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
572 Posts
They're a pain to find, your lucky to find one. I heard that Ruger decided not to increase production on them despite being so popular.

If you don't mind how much did you pay? I hope you didn't pay over MSRP due to how hard they are to find.

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yea they are a pain to find. I heard Ruger is only making like 35 a day or something like that. The shop I got it from said that they have only received 2 in since the release of the SR1911. I paid 650 for it, so not to bad, could not wait any longer to get one.

·
Banned
1,543 Posts
Pleased to see that they didn't put the "bilboard warnings" all over the pistol - like they have done in other models!

·
Registered
572 Posts
Pleased to see that they didn't put the "bilboard warnings" all over the pistol - like they have done in other models!
As much as I love Ruger, I really hate how they lawyer their guns to death. My MKIII came engraved with many warnings on top of a mag disconect and a ugly loaded chamber indicator. I don't know why I like Ruger, their guns have no "soul," but they just work.

·
Registered
635 Posts
Ruger 1911

I picked one up on craigslist lastweek ,went to range very impressed .blue with stainless barrel shot much better than me ,want better sights ( old eyes) .maxfold

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
They just have the billboard in front of the trigger guard about reading instruction manual before shooting. But it is hidden unlike their other semi's.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts