Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
3,245 Posts
A few more weeks and pompano will be on. At SGI it's usually around the end of March, 1st week of April. They might come early it's been so warm lately.

·
Registered
468 Posts
Damn! That didnt take long, nice work.

I should have went this weekend, this only makes me regret it more now.

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I have to admit I prayed when things were slow at 10am. I asked the Lord for just 1 fish to erase my 3 day lull. The first fish came at 10:30 a 12 inch pompano. As I finished my first report I close by saying this could be the only fish of the day, I hit submit and “bam” number 2 was caught. Then I thanked the Lord and asked if I could limit today at 6. That happened pretty quickly and I prayed again that we could double Limit since my wife was with me. A little after 1 or so number 12 came in. Amen!

God is gracious!

The 12 ranged in length from 12.5 inches to 14.5. The biggest one I caught was about 2.15 pounds.

I used fresh shrimp on double rigs with matching colored hooks. I had three rods going with rod 1 double rig neon pink beads/ neon pink hooks, caught 2 fish, rod 2 double rig neon orange beads/ neon orange hooks, caught 3 fish, and rod 3 double rig neon yellow beads/ neon yellow hooks, caught 7 fish.

Had 14 individual hits/ with 12 fish landed

A great day.

·
Registered
364 Posts
I have to admit I prayed when things were slow at 10am. I asked the Lord for just 1 fish to erase my 3 day lull. The first fish came at 10:30 a 12 inch pompano. As I finished my first report I close by saying this could be the only fish of the day, I hit submit and “bam” number 2 was caught. Then I thanked the Lord and asked if I could limit today at 6. That happened pretty quickly and I prayed again that we could double Limit since my wife was with me. A little after 1 or so number 12 came in. Amen!

God is gracious!

The 12 ranged in length from 12.5 inches to 14.5. The biggest one I caught was about 2.15 pounds.

I used fresh shrimp on double rigs with matching colored hooks. I had three rods going with rod 1 double rig neon pink beads/ neon pink hooks, caught 2 fish, rod 2 double rig neon orange beads/ neon orange hooks, caught 3 fish, and rod 3 double rig neon yellow beads/ neon yellow hooks, caught 7 fish.

Had 14 individual hits/ with 12 fish landed

A great day.
Sounds like your prayers should have started at daybreak! :D

·
Registered
20 Posts
Man, I am so excited to hear your awesome report...God is Great! I can’t wait to get out there now. If you don’t mind, what beach do you fish? I live in Mobile, but come over to Pensacola a lot for Pompano fishing. Great job!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts