Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
6,410 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After the last few windy weekends today being Easter we were blessed with light winds and rollers. Headed out after noon to find some trigger. Took about 30 minutes to get a 4 person limit.

My daughter caught one of the biggest I've seen, at least on our boat. Pushing 24" and real thick. The others were 15 to 19". The smaller ones are much easier to clean.

Beautiful day. Trolled for a bit but nothing doing. Ran in at nearly 40mph on slick seas. Thankful for a great day and the freedom to enjoy it.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
28,269 Posts
Don't know ifin I wouldn't have taken all the measurements and had that sucker fiberglass mounted!!! Stud fer sure!!! Glad ya'll got out! Gonna head out today myself too, hope to get something!!!

·
Registered
960 Posts
Nice work! That's a stud trigger!

My wife and I tried yesterday and had a hard time with a slow bite at several locations. Caught 8 triggers and only kept on 15" and a stud mingo. Either way, it was nice to finally clear the breakers as you said.

·
Registered
4,485 Posts
Did you weigh that beast? My nephew caught one years ago that weighed 11 pounds, and I don't think it was as big as your daughter's.

·
kerala divorcee matrimony
1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,447 Posts
1 - 20 of 26 Posts