Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
1,686 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I sold my game winner climber a few weeks ago. Good stand just really bulky to carry and heavy. I ended up getting the viper classic. I haven't hunted out of it yet but now I know what you guys mean about it being comfortable. I'm loving this stand. Its a little heavy as well but packs up nicer and more quiet. Only thing I don't like is the back pack straps. Gonna have to find something to pad them with. Can't wait to use it this weekend.

·
Registered
3,293 Posts
welcome to the club, you'll never go back

·
Super Moderator
28,636 Posts
They make aftermarket straps that look like gun slings.... but I've never had issues w/the cheap nylon straps. Only thing is they will leave marks if you are in a sleeveless shirt....

Reactions: skullmount1988

·
Registered
1,686 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah I just had on a thin short sleeve shirt when I was walking around with it and could tell it was digging into my shoulders

·
Super Moderator
12,842 Posts
Man, I'm on the verge of buying one as well... I climb with an Olold school Ole Man (at least 20 years old) that I have rebuilt with new cables/hardware. I love my stand for a few reasons, it packs up quick and quiet, and it's very thin. I don't get hung up walking through thick stuff like my friends with Summits...

But lord, it's heavy.
I also don't like how you can't climb smaller trees without the arms pinching in on you. That's my biggest complaint.

Sent from my Galaxy S5....

·
SaltWaterDave
1,852 Posts
I sold my game winner climber a few weeks ago. Good stand just really bulky to carry and heavy. I ended up getting the viper classic. I haven't hunted out of it yet but now I know what you guys mean about it being comfortable. I'm loving this stand. Its a little heavy as well but packs up nicer and more quiet. Only thing I don't like is the back pack straps. Gonna have to find something to pad them with. Can't wait to use it this weekend.

You got the classic? It's steel right?

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
For a few dollars more they have the aluminum viper sd. 20 lbs.....You can't go wrong with a summit. I've got two of them. I hunt on private land so I leave mine out in the woods. The only problem I have experienced is the squirrel love to chew on the seats and arm cushions and the few bear we have on the property have occasionally messed with them. I love those summits.

·
Registered
1,686 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Man, I'm on the verge of buying one as well... I climb with an Olold school Ole Man (at least 20 years old) that I have rebuilt with new cables/hardware. I love my stand for a few reasons, it packs up quick and quiet, and it's very thin. I don't get hung up walking through thick stuff like my friends with Summits...

But lord, it's heavy.
I also don't like how you can't climb smaller trees without the arms pinching in on you. That's my biggest complaint.

Sent from my Galaxy S5....
I found this one on Amazon for $180 free shipping.

·
Registered
119 Posts
I attached Mollee II shoulder straps and kidney belt on mine. It makes carrying it a whole lot easier. I hated the old original straps.
Rick

1 - 20 of 28 Posts