Pensacola Fishing Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Headed out around 8pm around Mobile Bay to try some light hopping after not going for a week and man was it fun. Probably touch 7 lights and catch all in all 13 reds. Here are the photos of the ones worth snapping a pic of. Enjoy. Oh and thanks to the two boys who watched me hit a back to back 4 red slam under a light and felt it was funny to shut the light off mid fight. Enjoyed losing some terminal tackle in the middle of that one...THANKS:hoppingmad

About time the bite over here finally picked up. Got to love an all red night. Not one single speck or white trout just chasing mullet to the next red school. Can't beat that.

·
Super Moderator
29,280 Posts
Way to slay some fishies!!! Great job and wonderful :takephoto:takephoto:takephoto

·
Registered
57 Posts
My first post, but have been reading for months. Anyways, looks like an awesome night. Got a place on the eastern shore near Point Clear with some lights. Haven't checked them in a while but would like to. Which side of the bay were you on if you don't mind me asking?

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I was in the Daphne Fairhope area. Over in Point Clear that Zundels reef was pretty happening the other day. Lots of specks caught and the occasional red not to mention the 40lbish spoon bill that was caught by a nearby boat. It was extremely fresh at the time though. Probably explains that spoon

·
Registered
1,864 Posts
Very nice. I guess it's their light, they can turn it on or off when they fee like it. At least they didn't come out to the end of the dock and accuse you of trespassing onto their water.

Alex

·
Registered
111 Posts
Nice catch. Weeks bay is heating up also. The piers are are holding reds and white trout. Also the oyster bed just inside the mouth of weeks bay is starting to produce a few white trout but no specks.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts