Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
9,002 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have never owned one and never hear anything about them good or bad. thinking about buying one ( the fs70) for a jigging reel. give me some opinions. it's either this one or the spheros. what ya'll think?

·
Registered
201 Posts
I just bought an os85. I have not got to fish it yet, but it feels like you could reel up a reef with it. I have used a Fin-ite 207 for years and love it. I have caught some big fish on it and have never had any problems with it at all.

·
Neptune calls me "Daddy"
9,091 Posts
I have a couple older Ahab spinners I bought new... they areheavier than most reels and the last time I brought them to Outcast for service they said there was rust inside the body.I did not use them any harder than any other reel, it wasn't bad just unusual for a salt water reel.

They were smooth even with a little rust inside.

I haven't used them since though...

Jim

I need to have a garage sale... I keep upgrading, but never sell the older stuff.

·
Registered
9,002 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
I had an OFC20H for about a month. After 3-5 offshore trips, the max drag went down to about 8lbs. Maybe I just got a bad batch, but I'll never try a Finnor again.

·
Registered
9,002 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Private Pilot (2/27/2010)I had an OFC20H for about a month. After 3-5 offshore trips, the max drag went down to about 8lbs. Maybe I just got a bad batch, but I'll never try a Finnor again.
uh oh looks like i'm gonna find out. that's a conventional reel, aint it.

·
Registered
2,569 Posts
I have an AHAB 16 I've fished the snot out of for years and its one of my favorite. I have a bunch of inlite and smaller ahab's I have had for years and are great lite tackle and I bought two offshore spinners last year and immediately waked a yellowfin and a huge jack and they rocked. I've never had a Fin Nor conventional reel though so don't know if that's the same experience.

·
Registered
9,002 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Bill Me (2/27/2010)I have an AHAB 16 I've fished the snot out of for years and its one of my favorite. I have a bunch of inlite and smaller ahab's I have had for years and are great lite tackle and I bought two offshore spinners last year and immediately waked a yellowfin and a huge jack and they rocked. I've never had a Fin Nor conventional reel though so don't know if that's the same experience.
yeah i'm excited. i can't wait for them to get here. i already have two of the gulfstream rods with the 75mm stripper. should be a perfect match. all we need now is for spring to arrive.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts