Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,530 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Man this is my first time hunting the field trial area and I have to say it was a mad house. Scouted a few spots and couldn't hunt any of them. Trucks were everywhere! I hunt spots in BW that are never near another person. We finally found a spot where there wasn't a truck and set out for an evening hunt. It wasn't a bad spot but it wasn't a great spot either. Wide open pines with small thicks. We saw 3 does but couldn't get them in range for a shot.

Probably heard like 20 shots this evening. I couldn't believe the warzone we were in ha. I guess we will be back at it tomorrow. Hopefully we can close the deal.

Anyone else out there this evening?

·
Super Moderator
28,621 Posts
Yepper...that's the field trial hunt!!! Gotta be in there EARLY!!!!!

·
Registered
2,530 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Really? I considered not goin back too. I have off to hunt it but only have a bow. I was considering just rifle huntin the weekend. I don't know though. I may see how it goes again because you never know

·
Registered
2,420 Posts
Really? I considered not goin back too. I have off to hunt it but only have a bow. I was considering just rifle huntin the weekend. I don't know though. I may see how it goes again because you never know
I have a muzzleloader your welcome to borrow. I can bring it with me in the morning if you'd like?

·
Registered
2,530 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I appreciate the offer but I wouldn't want the responsibility. I've been offered a few to borrow so I know I'm complaining for no reason about having only a bow.

I hope that doesn't come off wrong and you get what I mean. That's a generous offer.

·
Registered
2,530 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Up a tree in the field of trials. Great looking spot. Already had deer moving near my brother. Stay tuned...

·
Registered
1,677 Posts
Up a tree in the field of trials. Great looking spot. Already had deer moving near my brother. Stay tuned...
My dad is out there to. I got a text from him at about 1:40 saying he just had spike in front on him at 30 yards and big body come cruising by but no shot.

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
Saw that spike, he would have been antlerless legal but I let him live to see another day and then saw another buck that fell in the illegal slot. Too big to be "antlerless" and not big enough to be a legal buck. Gonna give it another try tomorrow.

·
Registered
2,530 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
We struck out too. Dad an brother saw the same doe with no shot. I saw nothing but 13 horses and a guy climbing a tree 200yds from me at 345

·
Registered
2,222 Posts
And I thought eglin was overcrowded......sounds like they have too many permits or everyone has a guest since its kill anything brown.....good thing its mzllder and not rifle imo....I had an invite to go on sat. but after Friday I just took my chances at eglin and had a coyote mess my deer movement up.....

1 - 13 of 13 Posts