Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My brother has a house in Myrtle Grove that was built in the 90's. It has the one piece tub/shower stalls. One of them has a crack in it. Anyone know what is involved in repairing them? He has thought of replacing them also and getting new vanitys. Any plumbers on here who would quote what it would cost to replace them and install new shower valves in the new ones? You can PM me if you like. They are a tan or beige color if that matters as far as repair.

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
Is it cracked just in gelcoat or through the fiberglass?

I've got a 1 year old fiberglass tub/shower that a 6 year old decided to hang from the shower curtain. Pulled the rod down and put 2 spiderweb cracks in the gelcoat. Doesnt look like it busted through the fiberglass though.

Best I can tell with the repair kits, you open up the cracks slightly and then fill, smooth and sand to level. Haven't gotten up the courage yet to open up the cracks since it's not in the fiberglass and very fine spiderweb crack.

Curious myself to hear from folks who have done this repair.

·
Registered
10,698 Posts
Nuglaze has fixed a dozen or so for me over the years. You buy a new house, those 1 piece tubs sit for months sometimes longer, lots of them get damaged. They do not replace them, just repair em. It will look almost as good as new. My house had a chip in the fiberglass tub when we bought it, they came repaired it, made one hell of a mess, I made Adams send a cleaning crew, but can not tell it was repaired.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts